SOQL Studio v2022.2 Major Release
Visual Software Systems
Posted 10/17/2022 4:00 AM
A new major release of SOQL Studio, version 2022.2, is now available. This release contains feature and usability enhancements and bug fixes:
- Added Duplicate Line (CTL-D) command and keyboard shortcut
- Added keyboard shortcuts for Comment (CTL-K, CTL-C) and Uncomment (CTL-K, CTL-U)
- Added Toggle Comment (CTL-/) and keyboard shortcut
- Updated the Uncomment command to uncomment lines regardless of line comment delimiter ("
--" or "
- Added Alternating Row coloring to query results when in Dark Theme
- Modified display of Date, Time, and DateTime values in the results grid to use the format of the current culture when Data Format is set to Windows and when exporting data using Data Formatting of Windows or Pretty
- Added an option to display date, time, datetime values in Universal format rather than the format of the current culture in the results grid when Data Format is set to Windows or exporting using Data Formatting of Windows
- Added "Data Loader" as an export target in the Export Wizard. Use this target option as a shortcut to create an export file compatible with Data Loader
- Modified Export logic to format dates/times more consistently. Windows formatting will use the date/time display preference set in Options/Editor=>Results Tab
- Changed XML export to emit a strongly typed schema when exporting with Data Formatting mode 'None'
- Modified XML export logic to omit nodes for fields that are not valued
- Updated the application Help to include a full list of all keyboard shortcuts supported by the SOQL Editor
- Upgraded to API v56 (Winter '23)
- Reworked the installer to eliminate the need for admin rights to install SOQL Studio. Installs are now user-based, rather than machine-based
- Corrected an issue with the Organizations tool window that would cause scrolling performance to severely degrade over time as the number of nodes exposed increased and could cause the application to become temporarily unresponsive
- Tweaked the Dark Theme to expose the Column Sort icon when the mouse is not hovering over the column header
- Fixed an issue with Excel exports that under certain circumstances prevented columns from being formatted properly
To learn more about the new functionality included in this latest version, read our detailed blog post about the release.